Sun 8am - 8pm
Lindy's Downtown Market was founded in October 1958 by Clarence ''Lindy'' Linsley and his wife Florence. When the business first opened - there where only 2 aisles in a small store front on the square in Washington. As the business grew, it was realized that more space was needed so in 1970, the store moved to its current location on Peoria street, sharing a building with Ben Franklin. While Lindy's only took up one third of the building, we had still tripled our size from the previous location.
In 1988, Lindy's took over the whole building, expanding to a nine aisle store with a huge produce section and meat department. That was our first big remodel, adding on a large area for the bakery and deli as well as updating the facade of the building. Our second remodel took place in 2001 and included many improvements to the building.